Docents are the classroom ambassadors of the Adventures in Art Torrance program. To ensure the goals and philosophies of the program are upheld, each docent has the following responsibilities:
- Must attend each workshop for the artist training. If you did not attend the entire workshop, you may not lead the class, you may only assist another docent that has been to the workshop.
- Is responsible for clean up of their workspace at program workshops.
- Must share the project taught at the workshop prior to the next scheduled workshop.
- Is assigned a class (possibly two depending on the grade level) at their school, with the understanding that they are not guaranteed their own child's class.
- Should give "Teacher Letter of Introduction" and "Philosophy & Goals" to classroom teachers prior to the first workshop.
- Is responsible for scheduling a time and date with the teacher of each classroom they will lead and recording the information on a master calendar. If a docent is unable to appear for the scheduled class project, they must notify the school chairperson and find another replacement docent to lead the class.
- Is responsible for obtaining assistants for their classes.
- Must be true to what the artist taught at the workshop.
- Along with the assistants is responsible for cleaning up the classroom after each project (clean tables, floors, sinks, supplies stored, etc.)
- Must notify the supply chair or the school chair if they are running low of any supplies.
- Will collect artwork from their students and assist with the year end art exhibit at the school.